family vacation packages
Whether you're headed to the Bahamas, Hawaiian Islands, Alaska, or a big city with the kids, there are always ways you can save money here and there on family vacations.
Here are a few budget tips to help you keep the costs of family travel down:
1. Consider staying at a hostel with access to a kitchen. You might not get your own private kitchen, but do you really need one? Hostels can be very cheap and many are just as clean as the average hotel. Even if you book two private bedrooms with multiple beds at a hostel, you will still pay less than what you would for a hotel suite.
2. Keep an eye out for free admission days. Most museums, national parks, gardens, zoos, etc … have a free admissions day at least once a month for one reason or another. All US National Parks have free admissions on Veterans Day, MLK Jr. Day, National Public Lands Day, and the first day of National Park Week. It's always a good idea to plan family vacations around these holidays.
3. Save on water, milk and juice by bringing reusable bottles with you everywhere you go. Most public places including airports and hotels have water fountains, so you can simply refill bottles with free, clean water.
4. If you need to rent a car, keep in mind that family-sized vehicles tend to cost more than an economy car. Look for discounts and promo codes wherever possible. Compare the rates of multiple rental companies at once. Do not just pick the lowest priced one, take the time to read the terms and conditions regarding gas options, GPS, whether or not child seats are free or have additional costs, etc.
5. If you do not want to do the hostel thing during family vacations, then stay at a hotel or resort where kids eat for free. In case there is not much of a meal selection at the hotel or resort, at least stay at a place near restaurants where kids get to eat for free. Also, most hotels these days have mini-fridges in each room. Go get a few groceries your first day there and make use of the fridge.
6. Travel discount sites are not just for saving on airfare, cruises and rooms. You can often find promo codes and coupons that you can use for entertainment, tours, and other "things to do".
Keep these tips in mind when going on family vacations. Every little bit you can save will really add up after a few days.
Online coupon codes and promotional offers are useful for booking family vacations . You can use the site's tools to not only find discount travel prices, but to help you plan your itinerary as well. There are a lot of helpful resources that are easy to use.
family vacation packages