When you’re planning a vacation or a simple weekend getaway to Georgia mountain cabins, there are a number of different activities in the immediate area just waiting for you to undertake. This could include horseback riding, shopping, wine tasting or any number of other activities. For your convenience, here’s a list of nine activities you can engage in. Whether you’re going alone, with your significant other, or with the entire family-there’s something here for everyone.
1. Places to eat. One of the activities people like to do when traveling is taste the cuisine in a given area. For those staying at Georgia mountain cabins, just some of the many eating establishments you can check out include the Iron Horse Grill, Colonel Poole’s Bar-B-Q, Sue’s Log Cabin, the Cohutta Lodge and restaurant and the Cantaberry restaurant. For an extra special experience, contact the Gourmet Station to have a dinner prepared for you and delivered right to where you’re staying.
2. Shopping/stores. Care to free yourself of some disposable income? Places you can shop in this area include Cabin Critters Art, the Antique Hound, Trevor’s Antiques and General Store and Out of the Blue gift shop and other fine shops in the Ellijay general vicinity.
3. Outdoor activities. To entertain the kids, there are parks, caverns and waterfalls to explore. These include the Waterfalls of Georgia, Ruby Falls, Rock City, Amicalola Falls, the famous Appalachian Trail, the Benton MacKay Hiking Train, various Georgia state parks and the Raccoon Mountain Caverns.
4. Bicycling. If you want to do some pedaling near your Blue Ridge cabin rental, you can hike on down to the Cartecay Bike Shop in Ellijay. Here you can rent bikes for your leisure. You can also contact the Ellijay Mountain Bike Association for a list of trail you can traverse in the vicinity.
5. Fishing. Try your luck near Georgia mountain cabins with a rod at the Fightingtown Creek, Clear Creek, Mountain Creek and the Ellijay River. There’s plenty of fish for everyone.
6. Equine adventures. Is horseback riding in your itinerary? If so, you can satisfy your urge at Adventure Trail Rides, Blanche Manor or the stables at Fort Mountain.
7. Golfing. If putting or driving is to your liking, two different courses are available. These are the Butternut Creek Golf Course and the Chesatee Golf Course. They offer ample challenges on the green for any golfer.
8. Wineries. If tasting the grapes is your preference, you can savor the moment at Three Sisters Vineyard, Frogtown Cellars or the Habersham Winery. Just make sure you make driving arrangements!
9. Water fun. Interested in canoeing, tubing, and the like? Places of interest for these venues include Wildwood Outfitters, Ocoee Adventure Center, the Rolling Thunder River Company and Cartecay River Experience Kayaking and Tubing Fun.
All the activities mentioned above plus the Swan Drive-In, the Blue Ridge Community Theater, pet sitting and walking, the Kangaroo Conservation Center and even the Easton Fly Fishing Club are all easily within range of your Georgia mountain cabin or Blue Ridge cabin rental. It’s also a good idea to ask the proprietor when you’re residing at Georgia mountain cabins for some of the activities, sights or places of interest. As you can imagine, the locals have their hand on the pulse of what’s going on in their home communities. Regardless, one thing is for sure. There’s plenty to keep you busy when you rent a Georgia mountain cabin.