If you are looking for exciting overseas adventure travel there are some very special American adventure holidays online. If you have time to tour the USA, then you would do well to consider going on an organized trip with a leading adventure travel company.
Here are some reasons why:
- You travel in a very different way when you are in the company of experts. Your time is spent productively and none of it is wasted. You benefit from being with guides who know the best places to visit and stay.
- The best adventure travel companies will offer exciting opportunities like authentic accommodation, and homestays so that you come right up close to the culture, customs, and wildlife of America. They are companies that design holidays with sustainable tourism high on the agenda.
- Good adventure travel companies will also provide excellent value for money, as they know how to keep the costs low without compromising on the quality of your trip, there will be no expensive mistakes and you won’t pay over the odds for anything.
- Adventure holidays come in a variety of trip styles. You could opt for tours, rail holidays, activity holidays, or family holidays. The choice is amazing.
- You will travel in a small group, which will help make the trip more enjoyable as your companions will be like-minded people who hail from all over the world. They are therefore ideal trips for single people.
- Your safety is assured.
Here are a couple of absolutely brilliant American adventure holidays that are very special indeed. These examples show that it is possible to see a lot of America in one trip, but it would take an enormous amount of prior knowledge and careful organizing if you were to go it alone.
This trip is a massive 44-days long. It is certainly a trip of a lifetime. It is a round trip starting at San Francisco and taking you from the east to west – right across America. You will travel in an air-conditioned private touring van and have a CEO with you all the way. Your group will be no bigger than 13 people, a perfect size. You will go on guided tours of iconic cities like LA, New York, Washington DC, New Orleans, and others. You will spend whole days exploring amazing national parks including Yosemite, the Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Mesa Verde, Shenandoah, and more! You will visit the Finger Lakes region and Taughannock and Niagara Falls. You will experience the real Wild West in Deadwood and travel through Sioux territory. Add iconic places like Nashville and Memphis, horse riding, canoeing, and hiking, and you will have some idea of the enormity of this amazing tour.
Another trip that caught my imagination was a camping holiday in America’s West. This is a 22-day trip with 15 nights camping in fantastic locations. Again, this trip starts in San Francisco where you can go kayaking and explore the Big Sur coastal region. Then you move on to Cachuma Lake, Santa Barbara, and then to Los Angeles where you can opt to visit Universal Studios. You will then travel San Diego, where you will take a city tour, and Phoenix for a visit to a real cowboy bar.
You’ll still have the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, and Monument Valley, ahead of you, and you will learn about Navajo culture. Then you’ll visit Moab, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, Death Valley, and Yosemite. You can opt for a canoe trip on the Russian River when you’re at the Napa Valley. You will be camping most nights, so you will really feel you have been out in the wilds and having an adventure. It’s another epic tour.
The beauty of organised tours is that they are designed by experts who know what they are doing. You are guaranteed to have a fantastic experience without any of the hassles. Everything is taken care of. The transport, camping gear, itinerary, and you are free to opt in and out of activities as you go along. Nothing is compulsory.
I have looked into many more great trips round the USA and there are certainly lots more to choose, from self drive holidays to amazing cruises to Alaska, mountain vacation rentals and package holidays to New York!
The list is very long but what they all have in common is that they offer great values for money, peace of mind and most importantly adventures that will live with you for many years to come.